123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer
- HP Deskjet 2131 Unboxing & Setting Up
- HP Deskjet 2131 Printer Manual Download
- HP Deskjet 2131 First-Time Installation
- HP Deskjet 2131 Ink Cartridge List
- HP Deskjet 2131 Ink Refill & Cartridge Replacement
- HP Deskjet 2131 Driver Download & Installation
- HP Deskjet 2131 Scan Function
- HP Deskjet 2131 Troubleshooting Guidance
About HP Deskjet 2131 Printer
The 123.hp.com/setup 2131 is an all-in-one printer with printing, scanning and copying features. It is a compact printer that can be placed on a desk or shelf. Use original HP high-yield ink cartridges to print up to twice as many pages when compared to normal cartridges. The print speed for black cartridge is 7.5 pages per minute and for color, it is 5.5 pages per minute. Use the single cartridge mode to print with a one cartridge at a time. The printer supports both Windows and Mac operating systems. The paper capacity of the input tray is 60 sheets. Black and tri-color cartridges can be installed in the printer. Connect the printer and the system using the compatible USB cord . Use the manual duplex printing option to print on both sides of the pages which helps you save time and paper cost. The different types of media are supported by the printer. Use the flatbed scanner to scan the documents or photos. It is an energy star certified printer which conserves power up to 50%.
HP Deskjet 2131 Ink Cartridge AiO Support
Use authentic ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer. The ink cartridges are available in black and tri-color. The tri-color cartridges contain cyan, magenta and yellow colors. The 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer uses thermal inkjet technology for printing. It uses thermal energy or electricity to heat ink and applies it to a medium. It is a low-cost option for the printing process and prints at a fast speed with high-quality. It contains regular and specialty papers. Purchase the ink online from the HP SureSupply store.
List of HP Deskjet 2131 Supported Ink Cartridge:
- HP 63 Black ink cartridge.
- HP 63 Tri-color ink cartridge.
- HP 63 XL black ink cartridge.
- HP 63 XL Tri-color ink cartridge.
How to Refill Ink Cartridge on HP Deskjet 2131 Printer?
- Refilling the ink cartridges is a messy job and can degrade the print quality .
- Take the old ink cartridges from their slots. Organize a refill kit which contains a syringe, needle and an ink bottle.
- Remove the label on top of the ink cartridge. Pierce the needle into the tri-color chamber to identify the color in each one.
- Inject the ink into the hole slowly to avoid air bubbles. The air bubbles may block the movement of ink in the printheads.
- After refilling, cover the tape on top of the cartridge. Insert the ink cartridges into their respective slots.
How to Replace Ink Cartridge on HP Deskjet 2131 Printer?
Steps for Ink Cartridge Replacement:
- 1) Low ink level indicates the replacement of ink cartridges.
- 2) Lift the input tray and remove plain papers from it .
- 3) Move the paper width guides to the left side of the tray.
- 4) Insert plain paper into the input tray with the short edge moving forwards.
- 5) Move the paper width guides to the right until it rests against the paper edges.
- 6) Pull the output tray and extender. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- 7) Wait until the carriage moves to the middle of the printer and is idle.
- 8) Press down on the top of the ink cartridge and release it.
- 9) Take the new ink cartridges from its package. Remove the protective tape on top of it.
- 10) Grasp the handles of the ink cartridge with the contacts facing the printer and push them gently.
- 11) Redo the same procedure for other cartridges too. Close the ink cartridge access door.
- 12) After installation, the printer prints an alignment page.
123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer Unboxing & Setting UP
- Tear the tape on top of the box to open it.
- Take the printer and its resource materials out of the box
- Discard all packing materials surrounding the printer.
- The resource materials are USB cable, power cable and ink cartridges.
- Place the printer on a flat surface for optimal functioning.
- Use the power cable to connect the printer and the system.
- Connect one end of the printer to the printer’s rear and the other end to a wall socket.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Pull the input tray and extender. Adjust the paper width guides by pushing it to its maximum.
- Insert plain paper into the input tray.
- Slide the paper width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Do not bend the edges of paper while adjusting.
- Take the ink cartridges out of the package .
- Insert the ink cartridges into their respective slots until they fix into place.
- After installing, the printer prints an alignment page. Raise the scanner lid.
- Keep the alignment page with the print side down along the engraved guides on the scanner glass .
- Close the scanner lid. Press the Start Copy Button or Start Copy Color on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait until the printer aligns the cartridges.
Easy Guidance for 123 HP Deskjet 2131 Driver Software Installation
HP DJ2131 Driver Installation for Windows
- Install the driver on your Windows system using a software installation CD or downloading the driver.
- Insert a software installation CD into the system’s disc drive. Wait until the list of files displays.
- Enable the AutoPlay feature to list the files automatically. Select the .exe file to begin the installation process.
- If the CD is not available, download the driver from our website. Click the compatible driver to initiate the download process.
- The download time varies based on the internet speed. Do not turn off the system when the download is in progress.
- After downloading, locate the setup file in the system. Select and double-click the setup file to start the process.
- Agree to the terms and conditions. Choose the mode of connection based on the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer’s specifications.
- Click the Finish option to complete the installation process. After the installation completes, view the printer name in the list of devices.
- If the printer name(123.hp.com/setup 2131) is not listed, uninstall and reinstall the driver. Update the driver periodically to avoid system bugs.
- Use the Windows Update software to install the driver automatically. For more details, call our technical support team.
HP DJ2131 Driver Installation for Mac
- Driver installation for a Mac system is similar to that of the Windows system. There are two methods to install driver- use software installation CD or downloading the driver.
- Recently introduced Mac systems do not contain a CD drive if you wish to install the driver on the system using a software installation CD.
- If the CD drive is unavailable, download the driver from our website. Click the link on this website to start the download process. Do not switch off the system while the download is in progress.
- After downloading, locate the setup file on the Mac system. Select and double-click on the .dmg setup file to start the installation process. If the file is in zip format, extract it to a suitable location.
- Select the setup file and double-click on it to start the download process. After completing, agree to the terms and conditions. Choose the mode of connection depending on the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer specifications.
- Add the printer name to the print queue by clicking the Add button or the + sign. After adding the printer name, select the printer name from the list of available devices. Try to print from it to check if the driver is installed properly.
- If there is an issue while installing, uninstall and reinstall it. After a while, add the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer and select it to start the printing process.
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 2131 How to Scan?
How to scan from hp printer to computer?
How to Scan Document (or) Photo files on Windows:
- Install the full feature driver for a Windows system. The driver contains a HP Scan software to start the scanning process.
- Raise the scanner lid, place the document or photo on the scanner glass with the printed side facing down and close the lid.
- Press the Scan button on the printer’s control panel to start the scanning process. Choose the system name and the scan job type.
- Wait until the scan process completes. The scanned file gets automatically stored to the system on the destination folder.
- If the scan button is unavailable, use the HP Printer Assistant software to start the scanning process.
- Select the Scan a Document or photo to start the scan process. Click OK after completing the scan process.
How to Scan Document (or) Photo files on Mac:
- Download and launch the compatible driver to set up the connection to the system.
- Open the scanner lid and place the document or photo on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Press the Scan button on the printer’s control panel. Choose the system name and a scan job type.
- Wait until the scan process completes. The file or photo gets automatically stored to the destination folder.
- For a Mac system, search for HP Easy Scan and select it from the list of available results to open the app.
- Choose the printer name(123.hp.com/setup 2131) from the Scanner drop-down menu. Choose the scan job type from the Presets menu.
- Edit the scan settings if necessary. Select Send in the bottom corner of the window and select Folder.
- Click Save to store the files and click Scan to start the scanning process.
How to Scan to an email
Steps for Scan to an email:
- Scan to email operates only on local email clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird .
- If the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer contains only buttons or does not have a scan to email menu option, move to the next step to begin the scan from the system.
- In Windows, search for HP. Select the model number from the results to open the HP Printer Assistant and choose the Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
- Choose one of the email related shortcuts such as Photo to email, Document to Email, Email as PDF or Email as JPEG and select the Scan option.
- Wait until the scan appears on the preview screen. Click Send to new email; the message automatically opens with the scan attached.
How to Change Scan Settings on Windows
- Change the Destination settings in HP Scan to set the destination folder on your system where all scan jobs gets stored .
- In Windows, type HP on the search bar. Select the printer model from the list of available results to open HP Printer Assistant. Select the Scan a Document or Photo option to open HP Scan.
- Select one of the shortcuts and choose the Advanced Settings or More. Select the Destination Folder option. Click Browse adjacent to the Save Location or Save to Folder box.
- Choose the folder in the Browser and select OK. Select the OK or the Save icon in the shortcut to store the folder location.
- Redo these steps for each scan shortcut based on what you wish to save for different scan job types. Make use of resolution and color settings in the HP Scan software to adjust the quality.
- Use the Color Settings option for scanning photos or documents that have multiple colors.
123.hp.com/setup 2131 Printer Troubleshooting Guidance
How to Fix ink cartridge Error?
- Use genuine ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer model.
- If the ink cartridge of the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer does not receive sufficient electricity, an error message displays .
- Press the Power button to turn on the printer. Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is idle and press on top of the cartridge to remove it.
- Move the cartridge out of its slot. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles as it may lead to the ink system failure.
- Remove the protective tape from the ink cartridge. Re-install the ink cartridges.
- Insert the tri-color ink cartridge to the left carriage and black ink cartridge into the right slots respectively.
- Close the ink cartridge access door. If the issue persists, move to the next solution.
- Clean the ink cartridge contacts and carriage electrical contacts to resolve the printer issue.
- Keep a distilled water and cloth to clean the electrical contacts. Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage is silent. Unplug the power cord from the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer’s rear.
- Take the ink cartridge out of its slot and place it on a piece of paper with the nozzle plate facing upwards.
- Clean the copper-contacts using a damp cloth. After cleaning it, install the ink cartridges and reconnect the cable.
How to Resolve HP Deskjet 2131 Printhead error?
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button. Open the ink cartridge access door. Take all ink cartridges out of their slots.
- Position the ink cartridge on a paper with the ink opening pointing upwards. Raise the latch handle on the carriage
- Remove the printhead by raising it straight upwards. Use a damp cloth to clean the printhead.
- The plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles, an edge between the nozzles and the electrical contacts are three components that are present in the printhead.
- Wipe the electrical contacts with a damp cloth from top to bottom. Wipe until no ink shows on the cloth. Ensure that the latch handle is lifted and reinstall the printhead.
- Lower the latch handle. Move the ink cartridge into the empty slot until it fixes into place firmly . Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Reconfiguring the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer- Switch off the printer by pressing the Power button. Disconnect the power cable from the printer’s rear. Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to the printer’s rear and switch on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- If the issue persists, call our customer support team at the toll-free number to resolve it.
How to Fix Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue?
- Hardware issues such as paper jam or a carriage jam, incorrectly installed cartridges or low ink displays, the print jobs stuck in the print queue.
- Observe your 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer and computer screen. If lights are blinking, the print job is stuck on the print queue. Files get corrupted and causes problems. Select the Start menu to open search.
- Press the Windows and S keys on the keyboard. Type services.msc in the search box and press the Enter key. Select the Print Spooler option from the services list.
- Select the Restart the service option. Press the Restart button. Verify the power connection and reconfigure the printer. Ensure that the power cord is securely connected to the printer.
- Observe the Power button located on the printer. If it is not lit, turn off the printer. Unplug the power cable from the wall socket and printer’s rear. Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Replug the power cable to the 123.hp.com/setup 2131 printer’s rear. If the printer does not turn on automatically , press the Power button to turn it on . Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.
- Download and launch the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve printing related issues. After installing, the tool automatically resolves all printing issues.
- If the printer is in the offline mode, the print job gets stuck in the queue, wait until the printer becomes active again. Open the print queue window and ensure that the Pause Printing or Use printer offline options are not selected. This resolves the issue.