123.hp.com/ojpro8740 – HP 8740 Printer Support
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 Airprint Setup
- Hp Officejet Pro 8740 Printer Troubleshooting
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 Software download
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 wireless all in one Inkjet printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 drivers windows 10
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 Wireless Setup
- HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer driver download
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 ePrinter
- 123 HP Setup 8740
- 123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 User manual
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup Print Function
123.hp.com/ojpro8740 – How to Print from Android Device?
We Provide the Steps for how to print from android with the use of Wi-Fi Direct:
- The latest version of HP Print Service Plugin or Mopria Print Service should be installed on your Android device. These plugins can be downloaded from the Google play store or any other Android app supplier.
- From your printer, switch on Wi-Fi Direct
- For printers that come with a control panel, tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon to display the Wi-Fi Direct password and name
- For printers that do not have a control panel, press on the Information button to start printing a report that gives the Wi-Fi Direct password and name
- If the printer does not come with an Information button, then press the Resume button and keep it pressed for 2 seconds to start printing a report that gives the Wi-Fi Direct password and name
- Choose Automatic to print without using a password. Choose Manual to confirm the print job or to use a password.
- Touch Settings > Wi-Fi on your Android device and ensure that is in On mode.
- Open the document or photo that you would like to print and touch Print from the app menu. Alternatively, you can use the Share option from an option to forward the content to the print plugin
- Ensure that the correct printer name is shown as your printer on the print plugin settings screen. If another printer name is displayed, touch the name to show the available list of printers and then choose your printer name.
- Touch Print.
123.hp.com/ojpro8740 – How to Print from AirPrint?
Printing with iPad has never been more easier. IPad has built in feature that is capable of wireless printing, i.e. you won’t have to connect your iPad and printer using a USB or cable. In fact iPad doesn’t support wired connectivity. Keeping in mind the possibility to print from anywhere in the world, Apple has built iPad for such specific purpose. The technology used by Apple for wireless printing is called AirPrint.
AirPrint connectivity in HP 8740 Printers:
HP printers now come with AirPrint functionality that allows it to connect to iPad without a USB or cable. All you have to do is connect your AirPrint enabled HP printer to your iPad device via Wi-Fi network and tap print.
How to print from iPad using AirPrint?
- Best part is AirPrint supports majority of applications you use in your iPad and hence no matter where your document, image or web content reside, you can directly print by tapping Print. Such apps where your content resides might be safari, mail, photos, pages, etc. You can print email from iPad using HP ePrint,
- Now your iPad and printer should connect to each other but not with wires. If you remember we mentioned earlier how AirPrint supports only wireless printing and not wired printing. To connect printer and iPad wirelessly or without cables, you need to connect both the devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now how exactly do you connect AirPrint enabled printer to the Wi-Fi network? To do this you should know the network name (SSID) and network password. If you say you don’t know the network name and network password then you must approach the one who set the entire network for you. SSID is nothing but a service set identifier which is the identity of your network. No one can access this network except you until they know the password to the network.
- So next you can type in the network name and its password and simply tap Ok. This will confirm the connectivity of HP printer to the network.
- Now your iPad has to be connected to the same network. So next you go to the settings in your iPad and go to Wi-Fi option. It will list out a number of network names it identifies. Look for the network name to which your AirPrint enabled HP printer is already connected. Once you locate it select the printer name.
- Now open the application where your content is located. Open the content.
- On the top of screen you can see an action icon with an arrow coming out. Tap this icon and a menu will list out. From the list of options select the Printer option.
- Now select the printer name that is already connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Use + or – sign to select the number of copies you want to print. + Sign increases the number of copies while – sign reduces the selected number of copies to be printed.
- Once you’re done selecting the number of copies, tap the button Print and your job is done.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Setup – How to Scan from Computer(Mac)
123.hp.com/ojpro8740 – Scan Software
Step 1 : Find out whether HP 8740 scan has been installed on the Mac
- Open Finder and under the top menu bar, click on Go. Now click on Applications.
123.hp.com/ojpro8740Scan by double-clicking on the HP folder.
- If HP OJ 8740 scan is available in the list, then double-click and open the application and proceed to the next step
- If HP 8740 Scan is not available in this list, then you can call our technical support who will offer further guidance and support.
Step 2 : Scanning a photo or document
- The photo or document should be placed print side down on the scanner bed and then the scanner lid should be closed
- Under the 123.hp.com/ojpro8740 window, click on Scan
- Choose your printer in the Scanner menu, then choose a scan job type under the Presets menu
- Click on the down arrow to view and modify scan orientation, color and quality settings.
- Click on continue. The printer will scan the item.
- Click on Add or Scan Next Item to scan additional media or click on Done
- Click on the thumbnail of the scanned image for displaying it in the main preview window.
- Click on Edit to straighten the scan, adjust colors or crop the size.
- Click on Send in the bottom right of the window to save the scans to a folder in the Mac. Then, click on Folder
- In the displayed window, click on the Where menu to browse the folder and save the image. Then, click on Save
123hpcom.co is an independent technical support service provider for third-party products. The products, images, brands, and names of the third party providers displayed on the website are to furnish information. We do not claim any ownership, affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website.