HP Officejet 5746 Setup AiO Support
- HP Officejet 5746 Airprint Setup
- HP Officejet 5746 Printer Troubleshooting
- HP Officejet 5746 Software download
- HP Officejet 5746 wireless all in one Inkjet printer
- HP Officejet 5746 drivers windows 10
- HP Officejet 5746 Wireless Setup
- HP Officejet 5746 printer driver download
- HP Officejet 5746 ePrinter
- 123 HP Setup 5746
- HP Officejet 5746 User manual
How to Print from iPad using AirPrint
Printing with iPad from HP Officejet 5746 Setup has never been more easier. IPad has built in feature that is capable of wireless printing, i.e. you won’t have to connect your iPad and printer using a USB or cable. In fact iPad doesn’t support wired connectivity. Keeping in mind the possibility to print from anywhere in the world, Apple has built iPad for such specific purpose. The technology used by Apple for wireless printing is called AirPrint.
AirPrint connectivity in HP 5746 Printers:
HP 5746 printers now come with AirPrint functionality that allows it to connect to iPad without a USB or cable. All you have to do is connect your AirPrint enabled HP printer to your iPad device via Wi-Fi network and tap print.
How to print from iPad using AirPrint?
- Best part is AirPrint supports majority of applications you use in your iPad and hence no matter where your document, image or web content reside, you can directly print by tapping Print. Such apps where your content resides might be safari, mail, photos, pages, etc. You can print email from iPad using 123 HP Officejet 5746 ePrint,
- Now your iPad and 123 HP Officejet 5746 printer should connect to each other but not with wires. If you remember we mentioned earlier how AirPrint supports only wireless printing and not wired printing.To connect printer and iPad wirelessly or without cables, you need to connect both the devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now how exactly do you connect AirPrint enabled printer to the Wi-Fi network? To do this you should know the network name (SSID) and network password. If you say you don’t know the network name and network password then you must approach the one who set the entire network for you. SSID is nothing but a service set identifier which is the identity of your network. No one can access this network except you until they know the password to the network.
- So next you can type in the network name and its password and simply tap Ok. This will confirm the connectivity of 123 HP OJ 5746 printer to the network.
- Now your iPad has to be connected to the same network. So next you go to the settings in your iPad and go to Wi-Fi option. It will list out a number of network names it identifies. Look for the network name to which your AirPrint enabled HP printer is already connected. Once you locate it select the printer name.
- Now open the application where your content is located. Open the content.
- On the top of screen you can see an action icon with an arrow coming out. Tap this icon and a menu will list out. From the list of options select the Printer option.
- Now select the printer name that is already connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Use + or – sign to select the number of copies you want to print. + Sign increases the number of copies while – sign reduces the selected number of copies to be printed.
- Once you’re done selecting the number of copies, tap the button Print and your job is done.
How to Scan an email Automatically
The ink cartridges for your 123 HP Officejet 5746 Setup are shipped along with it. Now follow the steps below for proper installation of these ink cartridges on your printer.
- Open Finder and under the top menu bar, click on Go. Now click on Applications. The double-click on HP Utility, found in the HP folder,
- Click on All Settings, click on Scan to Computer, and then click on the box near Enable Scan to Computer,
- In the 123.HP.com/oj5746 printer control panel, go to the scan icon or menu, choose the computer name, then locate scan to email shortcuts (such as Email as JPEG or Email as PDF)
- If scan to email shortcuts do not display – It means that the printer does not support the scanning to email feature. You can manually attach scanned images to a folder in your Mac to an email
- If scan to email shortcuts gets displayed, then proceed to the next step
- Go back to the Applications folder on the Mac and confirm that Mail.app or is found in the list
- If you find that Mail or Mail.app is not listed, then the scan will not be completed
- If Mail.app or Mail is found to be listed, then proceed to the next step
- In the printer control panel, choose or touch the scan to email shortcut that refers to your scan job
- If you find that Mail is activated, then an mail automatically open with the scan attachment
- If you find that Mail is not activated, then try sending the scan again
HP Officejet 5746 Setup Troubleshooting
Why can’t I print from my tablet?
To print from your iPad or any other Apple product, you need a HP printer that supports AirPrint. Numerous models of printers from various manufacturers do not support AirPrint. In that case, you have to download HandyPrint, an application that lets you print from your Apple device with a printer not supporting AirPrint. To print from a device supporting Android operating system, then you have to use the Google Cloud Print.
How to cancel a print job from the computer?
To cancel a print job sent from your Windows computer:
- You have to click on the printer icon on the Notification area, when you need to start printing.
- Now, right click and select the option Open All Active Printers.
- Select the print job that you need canceled.
- Right click on this job and click the CANCEL icon
- When prompted with further instructions on screen, click YES and select to cancel the print job that you required to be canceled.
- Repeat the previous steps to install the other ink cartridge. Close the ink cartridge access door.
How to print from my iPhone if my HP OfficeJet 5746 printer does not support AirPrint?
A number of HP printers available in the market supports the Apple printing application, AirPrint. But this is the case for only the newer models of HP Printers released. If you own an old model in HP, be it HP Envy, HP OfficeJet, HP OfficeJet Pro, or HP DeskJet, then your printer may not support AirPrint, and consequently not allow AirPrint to send print jobs to the HP OfficeJet 5746 printer to it. In such cases you will have to download and use third-party applications to enable the connection from your Apple device to your HP printer. Some of the applications that you can use are HandyPrint and PrintBureau. It is important that you remember that these applications are not created by HP or Apple, then downloading and using them puts no liability on these two companies.
Why does my Hp Officejet 5746 Setup only print a blank sheet?
When your printer is shared among many computers, a separator page is printed between the different print jobs. This option is usually enabled by default. Check in your HP OfficeJet’s printer software and make sure if this option is enabled. The steps to check this are as follows. The first step is to power up the HP display panel or the control panel. Now power up the computer connected to your printer, the computer where the HP OJ 5746 software is installed. In the Control Panel of your computer, click on the option Open Devices and Printers. The Devices and Printers screen opens. In this you will find the drivers of all the devices that are connected to your system. Now, double click on the HP OJ 5746 printer icon. You will see a Customize your HP Officejet 5746 Setup icon, select it. In this select the ‘Advanced’ options tab. From this page disable the Separator Page button. This button is found on the right bottom of the page. Uncheck the box next to this option to disable it.