Hp Smart Tank Plus-551 Wireless All-In-One [New]
The HP Smart Tank Plus 551 is a multi-functioning printer that has print, scan, and copy options. It has the best ink tank quality in class, and it is affordable and user-friendly. It has the easiest mobile printing option and sets up the print and scan projects that go with your smartphone or tablet using the HP smart app. You can receive up to 6000 pages of color print and 8000 pages of black with the ink capacity that would last for at least 2 years. It boosts on reliable wireless connections or mobile networking to enable easy printing. It has a print speed of 11 ppm and a fast first-page print.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Unboxing Setup
The moment you unbox the HP Smart Tank Plus 551 wireless printer, you will see the following.
- The KMCY ink bottles to fill up the printer
- The user manual
- An Adapter cable to connect to your PC
- You will see the print head and the ink settings manual
- A regulatory information page
- A power cord
- A set of black and tri-color print heads
The printer does not come with a USB cable or the installation CD to install the driver.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Ink
- Once the unboxing is done, you will see the ink cartridges.
- You can remove the ink cartridges from the vacuum packs.
- Remove the black ink bottle cap and the seal.
- Close the cap again.
- Open the front panel of the printer to see the slots for filling the inks.
- The color inks are on the left side of the printer, and the black ink is on the right side of the printer.
- Open the tank cap on the printer for filling the black ink.
- Open the lid from the black bottle and invert the bottle into the ink tank.
- You will notice the ink starting to fill up the tank.
- Once the ink tank is filled, remove the bottle from the spout and place it aside.
- Close the lid on the black ink tank firmly until you hear it click into place.
- For the YMC ink tanks, you can repeat the same steps and carefully follow the colors on the tanks with the color of the bottle.
- You can now close the front outer panel of the printer.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Driver Download
- Since the HP Smart Tank plus 551 does not come with the installation CD, you will be able to download the driver only from the HP official website.
- Ensure that the printer is secured to the computer and the wireless network.
- Once done, you can open the browser from your computer and search for the HP website. Hit the Enter button.
- Click the support section from the HP web page.
- In the search bar type, the HP Smart tank version and hit the Enter button.
- The screen will open too many options like Troubleshooting, software drivers, product information, manuals, and video tutorials.
- Click the software, drivers, and download option, the browser will detect the connected printer and show you the available drivers needed for download.
- Click on the Driver Download button, and the file will be downloaded to the computer, you can proceed with the installation and set up the printer.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Driver Install
- Once the driver is installed on the computer, run the downloaded file to start the installation.
- Once the HP setup page opens, set your language preferences and the driver location to install the HP driver.
- Make sure to connect the printer before proceeding with the installation.
- Click the two checkboxes for the license agreement and click the Next button.
- Connect to wireless for web services window will open, click the Yes radio button to connect to the internet. Click Continue.
- The wireless network box will open, showing the wireless SSID name, security.
- Enter the wireless password in the required field.
- At the bottom, you will see two radio buttons.
- Click Yes, I want to use the network radio button and click Next.
- You will see the information about the device,
- how do you want to use the device, select the required options, and click Next.
- The progress bar will be seen in the HP wizard, and once the installation is complete, you can start the test print to check if the interface was set up done successfully.
- The setup is complete, opening the congratulations icon.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Wireless Setup
- Before connecting the printer to a wireless network, press and hold the WPS button on the router.
- You can also use the PIN method, press the wireless button, and then the information icon on the router for at least five seconds.
- The WPS PIN will now be printed on top of the information page.
- You can wait for 2-5 minutes, and you will see the printer connected successfully.
- The light in the printer will stop blinking and will remain lit to indicate the wireless connection.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Mobile Printing
- You can enable the printing services in your mobile,
- For iOS devices, you can use the AirPrint option that is the default on your phone.
- If your phone is connected to the same network as the printer, you can easily print a page.
- Download the HP smart app from your App Store and connect your device to the printer to print a page.
- For Android phones, open the Google Play Store app and search for the HP print services application.
- The app will directly detect the printer using the wireless interface, and the printing option will be enabled.
Hp Smart Tank Plus 551 Printer Functions
The HP smart tank plus 551 is a multifunction printer that enables the user to copy, scan, and print documents and has an integrated memory of 256 MB.
- To print the document, from the File menu of the software, click the print icon.
- Make sure your printer is visible.
- The properties dialog box will open. Depending on the application you are printing from, the settings might vary.
- Select the appropriate options in the printing options.
- Click OK to close the properties dialog box.
- Click OK to start with the printing.
- To perform a copy process on your HP smart tank printer,
- Load the paper in the input tray.
- Raise the input tray in the printer and slide the paper width to the left of the tray.
- Insert the stack of papers in the input tray with the print side facing up, and slide the papers down until it stops.
- If you are loading a small stack of papers in the tray, make sure to align the paper guide to the right side of the pages.
- Make sure the guides are not too close to the papers that may result in paper jams.
- Pull out the output tray in the tray extender to receive the copies.
- You will find two sets of buttons on the control panel.
- You can click the Print button in black to print a black copy or the Print button in color to make a colored copy.
- To scan a document in the HP smart tank printer, load the document in the scanner glass or the document feeder.
- Open the HP smart application on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Locate the scan option in the HP wizard and click on it.
- Select Scanner.
- You can click or tap the settings icon on the Windows computer to modify the necessary settings.
- Select the Glass option from the source drop-down list.
- You will see the Preview icon. Click it to check if the paper is adequately placed in the document feeder.
- Adjust the paper according to the paper edges, as seen in the feeder or the preview window.
- Click the scan icon, and you can select the type of file you want to save the scanned document as and click OK.
- The document will be scanned to your computer.