HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Printer
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Airprint Setup
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Troubleshooting Guide
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Software download
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w drivers
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Wireless Setup
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Driver Download
- HP eprint Laserjet Pro P1102w
- HP color Laserjet Pro P1102w Manual
123 HP Laserjet P1102w – Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
Follow the below procedures to setup a wireless network connection on your 123 HP Laserjet p1102w printer
Step 1 : Preparing for installation
You should know your network name and password, Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA) before connecting your 123 HP Laserjet P1102w printer to the wireless network. Ensure that your HP Laserjet Pro P1102w printer, router, and the computer is turned on. HP prefers cable or DSL Internet access.
Note : Internet access is required only at the time of downloading the drivers and getting printer updates and not for the installation process. Your printer must be placed closer to the computer during the installation procedure. Ensure that your 123 HP LJP P1102w printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- USB cable should be disconnected from your 123.hp.com/LJP P1102w printer. Ensure that you have removed the USB installation, before connecting your HP laserjet p1102w wireless setup to the wireless network.
- Look for the printer name in the available list and click on it.
- The printer software is now opened.
- Press Utilities-> Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Tap Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the connection.
Now your HP Laserjet P1102w printer has successfully connected to your wireless network. If any issue arises follow the below steps.
Finding your network name and password with an automated tool:
HP Print and Scan Doctor helps you to identify your network name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WAP passphrase).HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool helps you to diagnose and resolve the printing issues. You can download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to perform troubleshooting tasks.
Step 2 : Downloading and installing the printer software
HP prefers you to download and install the latest version of the printer software.
- The printer should be turned on.
- Disconnect a USB cable from the printer if you have used it already.
- Download and install the printer driver software.
- Choose a method to search your printer model if you are prompted to do so and follow the prompted instructions to navigate to the download page.
- Choose either Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or Basic Drivers.
Step 3 : Connecting to the wireless network
Use a temporary USB cable to connect your HP P1102w to the wireless network. Avoid using a USB cable until you are instructed by the installation program.
- When you are prompted, choose the Connect through a wireless network option and connect the USB cable to the computer.
- To ensure the SSID name of the printer, print a configuration report once the installation is done.
- Ensure that the Ready light is on and that the printer is idle and silent.
- Press and hold the Cancel button until the Ready light begins blinking.The configuration report is now printed.
- Once the Configuration Report is printed, you can disconnect from the printer.
123 HP Laserjet Pro P1102w -Setting up the printer for a wireless network (Mac)
Connecting the 123 HP Laserjet Pro P1102w printer to a wireless network using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) or an AirPort Extreme router:
Try to connect your printer using a WPS-enabled router. If Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is not supported by your router, use a USB cable to establish a wireless connection.
Step 1 : Preparing for installation
- Ensure that your network is already setup before installing your 123.hp.com/Laserjet Pro P1102wprinter. Follow the guidelines given along with your router to set up the wireless network.
- Ensure that printer, router and computer are all turned on, and the computer is connected to the wireless network.
- Close all applications running on your computer
- Press Utilities-> Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Ensure that Wireless setting should be turned off. If it is on, click the Wireless button on the printer control panel to turn off it.
Step 2 : Connecting to the wireless network
Use the router or modem which suits your option.
Option 1 : Connecting to the wireless network using WPS
Follow the below steps to setup the printer if your wireless supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). Remember that WPS-enabled wireless router is mandatory to connect to the printer.
- Click the WPS button on your wireless router.
- Once you click Wireless button on the printer control panel, the wireless light starts to blink.
- The wireless light remains steady when your printer connects to the router.
- Try another connection method if WPS method fails to connect your printer to the wireless network.
Option 2 : Connecting to the wireless network using an Apple Extreme Router
To install the HP P1102w printer using Wireless Client Setup Assistant in AirPort Utility v6.3 or earlier follow the below steps. Choose another method if you are using the newer version.
- Press Finder from the Dock.
- Press Applications -> Utilities-> AirPort Utility.
- On the right panel, verify that the AirPort Utility is version 5.6 or earlier.
- Double-click AirPort Utility. Now Manual Setup.
- Press Base Station on the menu bar and then tap Add Wireless Clients.
- Tap First Attempt -> Continue.
- Tap the Wireless button on the printer control panel.You can see the blinking of the Wireless button.
- The Laserjet Pro P1102w printer name displays on the Wireless Client Setup Assistant window and the wireless light remains steady, once it is connected to the network.
- Press Done.
Try the below method if this step fails to resolve your issue.
Step 3 : Include your printer to the Printers list
To include your printer on the Mac create a new print queue in System Preferences.
- Search the Mac for Print and then press Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.
- Check whether your printer is available in the Printers list or not and try the appropriate steps:
- You can choose your printer name from the pop- up menu and then press Use or Print Using box.
- To include your printer press Add. Press Download and Install to complete the installation, if you are directed to install your P1102w printer software from Apple.
- Shutdown the System Preferences window.
123 HP Laserjet P1102w – Setting Up and Using HP ePrint
Step 1 : Checking 123 Laserjet Pro P1102w ePrint setup requirements
You cannot use HP ePrint to print if you have not satisfied all the below requirements.
HP ePrint does not work if you use a USB cable to connect your P1102w printer.
- Ensure that your P1102w printer supports HP ePrint.Search an HP ePrint logo, button, on the printer control panel.
- Ensure that your printer is connected to either wired or wireless internet connection.
- Examine the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port, if you use a wired connection. You can see the steady green light and the unsteady orange light once your printer is connected.
- Ensure that Internet connection is on if you use the wireless internet connection. Use the same internet connection for both printer and the computer.
The wireless light on the Laserjet Pro P1102w printer control should be steady.
Step 2 : Web Service should be turned
Your printer can communicate over the Internet with web-connected printing services, such as HP ePrint by turning on the Web Services from the printer control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Turn on the Web Services. Periodic updating of Firmware is required to use HP ePrint.
Step 3 : Getting the printer’s email address
- Leave the HP Laserjet P1102w printer to print the Make the Most of Your Printer or Important Printer Setup Instructions page after switching on the Web Services. This page provides information about Web Service which possesses your printer email address or the printer claim code.
- If the information page is not printed even after 5 to 10 minutes from the time of switching on the Web Service restart it and try now to get a new information page.
- The printer’s email address should be located on the information sheet, proceed to the following steps.
- If a printer email address is not prompted on the information page, the printer’s email address is the printer claim code in addition to @123hpeprint.com.
- For Example firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 4 : Printing a document or photo using HP ePrint
You can print a document or a photo using HP ePrint only if it is sent via email. The printing job can be done if an active Internet connection and an email account is available. Following email requirements should be satisfied before printing job is done using HP ePrint.
- Kindly enter the Laserjet P1102w printer’s address in the To:
- The HP ePrint server cancels the print job if you include any additional email address in the same field as the printer’s email address. If you would like to any additional recipients, enter the email address in the Cc:
- It is mandatory to include the subject in the subject line. HP ePrint server may cancel the print job if a blank email subject line is present.
123 HP Laserjet P1102w – Printing from Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
This manual is common for HP wireless printers and Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
AirPrint is a built- in printing solutions which is provided in all ios devices such as Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. You can easily print photos, documents, emails, or web pages from your Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to the most HP wireless printers with the help of Apple AirPrint. Ensure that the following requirements have been satisfied to print the documents or photos with AirPrint.
- An Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch should run at iOS 4.2 or later
Note : Not all the Apple devices are compatible with all features. IPad (all models), iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (third generation or later) have AirPrint and multitasking.
- AirPrint is supported by HP wireless printers that are released in 2010 and later.
- You must connect the Apple device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch) and the HP LJP P1102w printer to the same private 802.11 wireless private network. Bonjour, Apple’s zero-configuration networking are used by AirPrint to automatically search your wireless local network.
- Safari, Mail, Photos, and iWorks are the applications supported by Apple. Other popular applications in the App Store are also supported by it.
To print from an app, press the Action icon and then click Print to print with AirPrint.
NOTE : If the Action icon or the Print button does not display, the app does not support AirPrint at this time.
Following are not supported by AirPrint:
- Public wireless networks like public Wi-Fi hotspots, Bluetooth connections, or on cellular 3G or 4G data connections are not supported by AirPrint.
- OS X v10.7 Lion or later is supported by AirPrint.
Printing the document or photo using Apple AirPrint
Kindly follow the below instructions to print a document or photo from an Apple iPad with Apple AirPrint.
- Ensure that the wireless feature is on and the printer must be connected to your local wireless network.
- A wireless icon and a blue light are present on the front of some printer. Ensure that the wireless light is on and should not blink.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your Apple iOS device. Ensure that you are connected to the local wireless network which is already connected to your 123 HP Laserjet Pro P1102w.
NOTE :Public wireless networks such as public mobile hotspots, Bluetooth, or cellular data connections, either 3G or 4G is not supported by AirPrint.
- Go to the document, photo, email, or web page you wish to print, then click the Share icon or to display the menu options.
- Press either Print or the Print icon, based on the type of file you wish to print.The Printer Options is now prompted.
- Press Select Printer on the Printer Options menu.You can now see the available list of printers on the network.
- You can choose your printer name from the available list, alter the print setting if required, and then press Print.
123hpcom.co is an independent technical support service provider for third-party products. The products, images, brands, and names of the third party providers displayed on the website are to furnish information. We do not claim any ownership, affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website.