- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Airprint Setup
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Troubleshooting Guide
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Software download
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn drivers
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Wireless Setup
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Driver Download
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn eprint
- HP Laserjet Pro M402dn Manual
123 HP laserjet pro M402dn – Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
Follow the below procedures to setup a wireless network connection on your 123 HP laserjet pro M402dn printer
Step 1 : Preparing for installation
You should know your network name and password, Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA) before connecting your 123 HP laserjet pro M402dn printer to the wireless network. Ensure that your HP Laserjet M402dn printer, router, and the computer is turned on. HP prefers cable or DSL Internet access.
Note : Internet access is required only at the time of downloading the drivers and getting printer updates and not for the installation process. Your printer must be placed closer to the computer during the installation procedure. Ensure that your 123 HP LJP M402dn printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- USB cable should be disconnected from your 123.hp.com/LJP M402dn printer. Ensure that you have removed the USB installation, before connecting your printer to the wireless network.
- Look for the printer name in the available list and click on it.
- The HP M402dn printer software is now opened.
- Press Utilities-> Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Tap Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the connection.
Now your 123 HP Laserjet Pro printer M402dn printer has successfully connected to your wireless network. If any issue arises follow the below steps.
Finding your network name and password with an automated tool:
HP Print and Scan Doctor helps you to identify your network name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WAP passphrase).HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool helps you to diagnose and resolve the printing issues. You can download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to perform troubleshooting tasks.
Step 2 : Downloading and installing the M402dn printer software
HP prefers you to download and install the latest version of the printer software.
- The printer should be turned on.
- Disconnect a USB cable from the HP laserjet M402dn printer if you have used it already.
- Download and install the printer driver software.
- Choose a method to search your M402dn printer model if you are prompted to do so and follow the prompted instructions to navigate to the download page.
- Choose either Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or Basic Drivers.
Step 3 : Connecting to the wireless network
Use a temporary USB cable to connect your HP M402dn printer to the wireless network. Avoid using a USB cable until you are instructed by the installation program.
- When you are prompted, choose the Connect through a wireless network option and connect the USB cable to the computer.
- To ensure the SSID name of the M402dn printer, print a configuration report once the installation is done.
- Ensure that the Ready light is on and that the printer is idle and silent.
- Press and hold the Cancel button until the Ready light begins blinking.The configuration report is now printed.
- Once the Configuration Report is printed, you can disconnect from the printer.
HP LaserJet Pro M402dn – Wired (Ethernet) network
Follow the below steps to install a wired (Ethernet) network on your printer.
Step 1 : Verify requirements
- Ensure that you have a network router, switch, or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the router, switch or hub, if it is not already done
- Use an Ethernet cable. Avoid using a standard telephone cable.
Step 2 : Changing from a USB or wireless connection to an Ethernet connection (optional)
- Right-click and hold the bottom left corner of the screen, and then press Search.
- Press Settings, and then enter Devices in the Search box.
- Press Devices and printers -> Reconfigure your HP Laserjet M402dn device.
- Follow the prompted instructions to reconfigure your printer’s installation.
Step 3 : Connect the HP LJP M402dn printer to the network
- The HP Laserjet pro M402dn should be turned on.
- The protective cover from the Ethernet port ( ) on the rear of the printer should be unplugged
- One end of the Ethernet cable should be connected to the M402dn printer port, and then another end of the cable should be connected to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 4 : Installing the software
Follow the below instructions to install the Laserjet Pro M402dn printer software. Select the option to Connect to a Wired Network at the time of installation.
- Step 1: Downloading the softwareTo download the software follow the instructions given below.
- The 123.hp.com/Laserjet Pro M402dn printer should be turned on.
- Disconnect a USB cable from the printer if you used it to connect the HP M402dn printer to your computer.
- Download the Software and Driver downloads from our website.
- Search your printer model if you are prompted to do so, and then follow the displayed instructions to navigate the download page.
- Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- Press either Download next to the full feature driver (preferred) or Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- Step 2: Installing the softwareFollow the below steps to install the software which you have downloaded.
- Press Run in the Notification bar once the software download is completed.
If you closed the Notification bar unknowingly, right- click and hold the bottom left corner of the screen, press File Explorer and then press Downloads. Search your HP Laserjet M402dn software file and then double- click the file.
- Press Yes in the User Account Control window, and then stay until the installer extracts the files.
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the installation once the Install Wizard is started.
123 HP laserjet pro M402dn – Printing with Apple AirPrint
The below steps guide you to download the firmware from the HP website.
- Ensure that the mfp M402dn is on. You can connect it either to your local network or a USB cable
- Download the Software and Drivers and then include your printer model number
- Choose your operating system if needed.
- Press Firmware, and then press Download.Press Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended) -> Next-> Install now.
- Check the printer serial number after the 123 HP laserjet pro M402dn Printer Update window is opened.
- Press OK when the update is completed
- Disconnect the USB driver installed by Windows if you have used it to update your network.
- Search Windows for Devices and Printers, and then press Devices and Printers in the available list of results.
- Choose the USB driver that suits your printer model, double- click on it and then press Remove Device.
- Restart the computer after disconnecting the USB cable from the printer and the computer.