- HP Laserjet Pro M401n Airprint Setup
- HP Laserjet Pro M401n Troubleshooting Guide
- HP Laserjet Pro M401n Software download
- HP Laserjet Pro M401n drivers
- HP Laserjet Pro M401n Wireless Setup
- HP Laserjet Pro M401n Driver Download
- HP eprint Laserjet Pro M401n
- HP Laserjet Pro M401n Manual
123 HP laserjet pro m401n – Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)
Follow the below procedures to setup a wireless network connection on your 123 HP laserjet pro m401n printer
Step 1 : Preparing for installation
You should know your network name and password, Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA) before connecting your 123 HP laserjet pro m401n printer to the wireless network. Ensure that your HP Laserjet M401n printer, router, and the computer is turned on. HP prefers cable or DSL Internet access.
Note :Internet access is required only at the time of downloading the drivers and getting printer updates and not for the installation process.Your printer must be placed closer to the computer during the installation procedure. Ensure that your 123 HP LJP M401n printer and the computer are connected to the same wireless network.
- USB cable should be disconnected from your 123.hp.com/LJP M401n printer. Ensure that you have removed the USB installation, before connecting your printer to the wireless network.
- Look for the printer name in the available list and click on it.
- The HP 400 M401n printer software is now opened.
- Press Utilities-> Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Tap Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the connection.
Now your 123 HP Laserjet Pro 400 printer M401n printer has successfully connected to your wireless network. If any issue arises follow the below steps
Finding your network name and password with an automated tool:
HP Print and Scan Doctor helps you to identify your network name (SSID) and password (WEP key or WAP passphrase).HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool helps you to diagnose and resolve the printing issues. You can download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to perform troubleshooting tasks.
Step 2 : Downloading and installing the M401n printer software
HP prefers you to download and install the latest version of the printer software.
- The printer should be turned on.
- Disconnect a USB cable from the HP laserjet 400 m401n printer if you have used it already.
- Download and install the printer driver software.
- Choose a method to search your M401n printer model if you are prompted to do so and follow the prompted instructions to navigate to the download page.
- Choose either Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or Basic Drivers.
Step 3 : Connecting to the wireless network
Use a temporary USB cable to connect your HP M401n printer to the wireless network. Avoid using a USB cable until you are instructed by the installation program.
- When you are prompted, choose the Connect through a wireless network option and connect the USB cable to the computer.
- To ensure the SSID name of the M401n printer, print a configuration report once the installation is done.
- Ensure that the Ready light is on and that the printer is idle and silent.
- Press and hold the Cancel button until the Ready light begins blinking.The configuration report is now printed.
- Once the Configuration Report is printed, you can disconnect from the printer.
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401n – Wired (Ethernet) network
Follow the below steps to install a wired (Ethernet) network on your printer.
Step 1 : Verify requirements
- Ensure that you have a network router, switch, or hub with available Ethernet ports.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the router, switch or hub, if it is not already done
- Use an Ethernet cable. Avoid using a standard telephone cable.
Step 2 : Changing from a USB or wireless connection to an Ethernet connection (optional)
- Right-click and hold the bottom left corner of the screen, and then press Search.
- Press Settings, and then enter Devices in the Search box.
- Press Devices and printers -> Reconfigure your HP Laserjet M401n device.
- Follow the prompted instructions to reconfigure your printer’s installation.
Step 3 : Connect the HP LJP M401n printer to the network
- The HP Laserjet pro M401n should be turned on.
- The protective cover from the Ethernet port ( ) on the rear of the printer should be unplugged
- One end of the Ethernet cable should be connected to the M401n printer port, and then another end of the cable should be connected to an available port on the network router, switch, or hub.
Step 4 : Installing the software
Follow the below instructions to install the Laserjet Pro M401n printer software. Select the option to Connect to a Wired Network at the time of installation.
- Step 1: Downloading the softwareTo download the software follow the instructions given below.
- The 123.hp.com/Laserjet Pro M401n printer should be turned on.
- Disconnect a USB cable from the printer if you used it to connect the HP M401n printer to your computer.
- Download the Software and Driver downloads from our website.
- Search your printer model if you are prompted to do so, and then follow the displayed instructions to navigate the download page.
- Click Download next to the full feature driver (recommended), or click Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- Press either Download next to the full feature driver (preferred) or Basic Drivers for other driver options.
- Step 2: Installing the softwareFollow the below steps to install the software which you have downloaded
- Press Run in the Notification bar once the software download is completed.
NOTE :If you closed the Notification bar unknowingly, right- click and hold the bottom left corner of the screen, press File Explorer and then press Downloads. Search your HP Laserjet M401n software file and then double- click the file.
- Press Yes in the User Account Control window, and then stay until the installer extracts the files.
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the installation once the Install Wizard is started.
123 HP laserjet pro m401n – Printing with Apple AirPrint
The below steps guide you to download the firmware from the HP website
- Ensure that the mfp M401n is on. You can connect it either to your local network or a USB cable
- Download the Software and Drivers and then include your printer model number
- Choose your operating system if needed.
- Press Firmware, and then press Download.Press Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended) -> Next-> Install now.
- Check the printer serial number after the 123 HP laserjet pro 400 m401n Printer Update window is opened.
- Press OK when the update is completed
- Disconnect the USB driver installed by Windows if you have used it to update your network.
- Search Windows for Devices and Printers, and then press Devices and Printers in the available list of results.
- Choose the USB driver that suits your printer model, double- click on it and then press Remove Device.
- Restart the computer after disconnecting the USB cable from the printer and the computer.
123hpcom.co is an independent technical support service provider for third-party products. The products, images, brands, and names of the third party providers displayed on the website are to furnish information. We do not claim any ownership, affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website.