HP Laserjet 700 M712N Setup
HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N is a monochrome laserjet printer that saves your printing speed and energy. USB and Ethernet cable connections are the two types of connectivity available on this printer. This printer compatible with almost all types of mobile printing features, and they are Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Mopria, two-sided printing. The HP Laserjet 700 M712N setup also comes with an optional high-capacity tray. The main drawback of this printer is that it has only one ink cartridge (black). The cartridge specifications this printer is HP 14A Black Laserjet Toner Cartridge (10,000 yields) CF214A and HP 14X Black Laserjet Toner Cartridge (17, 500 yields) CF214x. The simple, quick steps given below will assist you in setting the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer for the first time.
Placing the printer
- Make sure to place the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer in a well-ventilated, dust-free area, and maximum away from the sunlight.
Unpacking the Printer
- Open the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer package.
- Inside the package, you can find the components such as a power cord, installation CD, a genuine black ink cartridge, a user guide, and the printer.
- Remove all the packing tapes surrounding the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer.
- Make sure to recycle the packing materials after removing them from the printer.
Placing a Stack of Papers on the Tray
- Pull the paper tray completely out of your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer.
- Get a clean A4 or U.S papers and place them on the tray.
- Ensure to align the paper guides properly to avoid paper jam issues in the future.
Installing the Black Ink Toner Cartridge
- Unpack the black ink toner cartridge that is provided with the printer.
- Open the cartridge door to your HP printer.
- Locate the cartridge slots.
- Place the unpacked ink toner cartridge in its slot.
- Close the toner cartridge door.
Connect Network Cable to the HP Laserjet M712N Printer
- If you wish to connect your HP printer to the network connection, then connect the network cable now into the printer.
- If not, skip this step.
- Make sure not to connect the USB cable until prompted during the driver installation.
Power on HP Laserjet 700 M712N Printer
- Connect the one of the power cord into your HP Laserjet 700 M712N Setup and the other end of the same cord to the electrical outlet.
- Press the Power button on your HP printer’s control panel.
- Set the basic printer preferences as per your need by following the instructions displayed on the printer’s screen.
Install the Laserjet M712N Driver on Windows or Mac
- After completing your HP printer’s hardware setup, begin the software installation on your Windows or Mac system.
- Use the installation CD provided during the product purchase to perform the software installation.
- If your system is not compatible with the CD disc or does not have the disk drive, then download the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N
Printer Driver from Official Site or This Website.
- Make sure to choose the connection type during the driver installation.
- Connect the USB cable between the HP printer and your Windows or Mac system when prompted during the driver installation.
Finally Try a Test Print
- After installing the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer driver on your system, try to perform a test print to check its function.
- te assistance
- You can also get the remote assistance on the same by clicking the Call or Call Us button provided on this website.
HP Laserjet 700 M712N Driver Download
The driver file of the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer is provided along with the product purchase. If the installation CD is damaged or lost, then you can download it from the printer’s official site or this site.
Downloading the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 Driver from the official site
- From your system’s web browser, navigate to the HP printer’s official site.
- Search for your HP printer model in the Product list and select it.
- Once you have reached your printer support page, click the Driver, Software, and Firmware tab.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to complete the driver download process.
Downloading the HP Laserjet printer driver from this website
- Locate and click the Driver Download button provided on this web page.
- Now the driver file of your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer will start to download.
- Once the selected printer driver is downloaded, open it, and begin the driver installation as per the instructions.
Install HP Laserjet 700 M712N Driver
- To complete the entire wired connection setup, you have to install the printer driver on your system.
- Launch your HP printer driver file.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- On the select connection type screen, choose the Connect through a wired network option.
- After completing the printer driver installation on your system, try to perform a test print to check the printer functions.
HP Laserjet 700 M712N USB Setup
Connecting the HP Laserjet 700 M712N setup via USB cable is quite easy and simple to perform. To know how read the step-by-step instructions given below. First, get the USB cable that is compatible with your HP printer and the system.
- On your computer, close all the existing applications.
- Make sure that your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer is ready for the USB setup.
- To check it, press the Home button on your printer’s control panel.
- Select Administration à General Settings à Energy Settings à Sleep Timer Settings à Wake/ Auto On Events à All events.
- Press the OK button to save the changes.
- Now, open the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer driver on your system.
- Perform the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted for the connection setup, select the Directly connect to this computer using a USB cable connection.
- Click the Next button.
- Make sure to connect the printer to your system using the USB cable only when prompted by the software.
- On the final screen of the driver installation, click the Finish button.
- If you wish to install the advanced driver software, click the More Options button and follow the prompted instructions.
- Finally, try a test print to check if the printer driver file is installed successfully on your system.
HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 Printer M712N Wired Connection
You can connect the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer to a network connection using a network cable. The below section explains how to set up the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer over a wired connection.
Preparing your HP printer for the wired connection setup
- Check if your HP printer is ready for the wired connection.
- To know it, check if the Ready message is displayed on your printer’s screen.
- If yes, continue the further wired setup instructions instructed below.
- If no, perform the basic printer hardware setup and then begin the wired connectivity process.
- Get the Ethernet cable that is compatible with your HP printer.
- Insert one end of the network (Ethernet) cable into the printer and the other end to your network port.
- It may take a maximum of 60 seconds for your network to recognize the printer.
- Once it is done, an IP address or hostname will be assigned to your printer by the network itself.
- To identify the IP address or hostname, print a Configuration report of your HP Laserjet 700 M712N setup by following the instructions given below.
- Press the Home button.
- Select Administration à Reports –> Configuration/ Status Pages à Print.
- Press the OK button.
- Now your printer will start printing the configuration report.
- Locate and note down the IP address of your HP printer.
- The alternative method to find the IP address of your HP printer is discussed below.
- Press the Home button if required.
- Locate and launch the How to Connect menu.
- Choose the Network Address option.
HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 Printer M712N Print Setup
Auto-Duplex printing and mobile printing are the two highlighted features of this printer. The below section covers how to prepare your HP Laserjet 700 M712N setup for the print operation.
Preparing your HP printer
- Check if the paper tray contains enough paper to perform the print operation.
- Make sure that the genuine black ink toner cartridge is installed on your printer.
- Ensure that the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 printer is connected directly to the wall outlet.
- Avoid using a surge protector to connect the printer to the wall outlet.
Make sure that the HP printer and your system are connected to the same network connection.
Preparing your system
- Check if you have installed the HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer driver on your system.
- Open the document to be print.
- Make sure that the document to be print is not too large or does not compatible with your printer preferences.
Performing the print
- On the document screen, click the File menu followed by the Print option.
- Now the print preference dialog box will appear on the screen.
- Choose your HP Laserjet Enterprise 700 M712N printer from the Printers drop-down menu.
- After that, set the other print preferences as per your need.
- Finally, click the Print button on the Print Preferences dialog box.
HP Laserjet 700 M712N Setup Mobile Printing Guidance
From an Android Device
- If you wish to perform the print operation from your Android OS device, then make use of the Mopria application.
- This application is available for download in the Google Play Store.
- After installing this application on your Android device, connect the HP printer and your hand-held devices to the same network.
- Open the document you wish to print on your Android device.
- Follow the instructions prompted on your Android device’s screen.
- Once the printer prints the selected document, check if it is quality matches with your expectations.
From an iOS Device
- As you know, almost all the iPhone devices have the AirPrint feature.
- If you wish to perform the print from your iPhone device, then you can make use of this feature.
- Initially, connect both the devices i.e., the HP printer and your iPhone, to the same network.
- After that, launch a sample document on your iPhone device.
- Tap the Share icon followed by the Print option.
- Select the printer from the drop-down menu.
- Set the print preferences as per your needs.
- Finally, tap the Print button.
- Now your HP Laserjet 700 M712N setup will start to print the selected document.