Quick Guide For HP Envy 5642 Troubleshooting
- HP Envy 5642 Airprint Setup
- HP Envy 5642 Troubleshooting Guide
- HP Envy 5642 Software download
- HP Envy 5642 drivers
- HP Envy 5642 Wireless Setup
- HP Envy 5642 Driver Download
- HP eprint Envy 5642
- HP Envy 5642 Manual
You can format a WordPad document to print envelopes with HP Envy 5642 Setup.WordPad application comes pre-installed with the Windows operating system.
Step 1 : Loading envelopes into the input tray of the printer
Loading envelopes is based on where the paper input tray is on your printer and the type of printer model that you have,
- Inkjet printers that have a rear load tray – Front of the envelope should face up and the flap should be to the left
- Inkjet printers that have a front load tray – Front of the envelope should face down and the flap should be to the left
- LaserJet printers that have a front load tray – Front of the envelope should face up and the flap should be to the left
Once the envelopes have been loaded, the paper guides should be slid in till they are against the edges of the envelope
Step 2 : Printing the envelope
- Open WordPad application
- The menu icon should be clicked. Then click on Page Setup
- Under the Page Setup option, the type of envelope can be selected from the Size menu. Do the same and select orientation as Landscape. Then click on OK.
- The address should be typed in next. Utilize the formatting tools on the Home tab to center and align the text.
- Click on the menu icon and move your mouse cursor over Print. Next, click on Print preview to ensure that the correct has been correctly sized and centered. If required, you can make any additional changes to format the text.
- Click on Print
HP Envy 5642 Scan Software & Driver Support
- Switch on your 123 HP Envy 5642 Setup Printer
- If your computer is connected to the printer through a USB cable, then disconnect the cable
- Go to the HP Envy 5642 driver page and then choose a method to select your printer model, if required.
- Under Driver Software, proceed as per the instructions displayed on the screen
- If Installing for HP Envy 5642 software for Mac OS X is displayed, then it means that the driver is available only through the Apple Software Update feature. Go ahead with installation of the driver and then try scanning with HP Easy Scan or Image Capture
- If a full feature software and driver is displayed, then click on HP Envy 5642 Driver Download and proceed to the next step
- The installer will prompt you to add the printer on the Enable Printing screen. Then click on Add Printer. You will see the Add window opening.
- In the Printers list that is displayed, click on 123.hp.com/envy 5642.
- Click on the Use menu, choose the name of the printer in the pop-menu that is displayed. Then click on Add,
- Proceed as per the on-screen instructions to complete the installation
Note : Please note that you can also print envelopes using Microsoft Word in your computer. Using Microsoft Word, you will be able to print envelopes using templates or the Mailings features
Uninstalling HP Envy 5642 Printer Software
Uninstall HP Envy 5642 Driver software for Windows
Step 1 : Uninstall the printer from Programs and Features
- If your printer connects to your computer through a USB cable , then the cable should be disconnected from the printer
- Search for programs and features in Windows. Once you get the list of results, click on Programs and Features
- From the list of installed programs, click on the 123 HP Setup envy 5642 printer name and click Yes or Uninstall
- Proceed as per the on-screen instructions to finish the process of software removal
- The computer should be started after uninstalling the software
Step 2 : Removing the printer from the devices list
To complete the process of uninstalling the software, remove the printer and any Windows print drivers from the Devices and Printers list.
- Ensure that the printer is switched on and in a state of readiness
- If the printer is connected to computer via a USB cable, then the cable should be disconnected from the computer
- Windows should be searched for devices, and then Devices and Printer should be clicked from the list found after the search
- Right click on the icon of the printer, click on Remove Device and then proceed as per the onscreen instructions to finish the process.
Uninstall HP Envy 5642 Driver software for Mac
- Click on Finder in the Dock
- Under the menu bar, click on Go, click on Applications and then open the HP folder
- If you find HP uninstaller in the folder, double click the same and proceed as per the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall.
- If 123 HP Envy 5642 Setup uninstaller is not found in the folder, then go to the next step
- Click and drag the HP folder to the Trash icon in the Dock
- Under the menu bar, click on Go, click on Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.
- Click and drag the HP folder to the Trash icon in the Dock
- Restart the Mac
- Ctrl + click or right-click on the Trash icon. Then select Empty Trash.
HP Envy 5642 Printer Troubleshooting Support
HP Envy 5642 Print and Scan Doctor can be used to clean or align the print head, print a quality diagnostics page and print a printer diagnostic page
- Click on HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to open the tool
- In the Product heading, click on the name of your printer. Then, click on Next.
- Click on Printer, under the HP 5642 Print and Scan Doctor window
- Select Printer Services, in the drop-down menu
- Click on an icon to choose the task that is required by the HP Print and Scan Doctor to complete
- Print Quality Diagnostics Page – You can print a Print Quality Diagnostics Page to check the quality of the print.
The following list shows the Hp Print and Scan Doctor printer services
The information can be used to help troubleshoot print quality issues such as faded or missing colors, broken lines and streaks
- Align Print heads – If you find that the lines and alignment box form a Print Quality Diagnostics Page are not connected and straight, then the print head can be aligned to solve the issue
- Clean Print heads – If you see that the color blocks from a Print Quality Diagnostics Page are showing faded colors or displaying white lines, then clean the print head. If you find that the print head is badly clogged, the it may be necessary to clean the print head several times to restore normal print quality
- Print Diagnostic Information – In order to find out the condition of your Envy 5642, you can print a diagnostic report.
Note : If you make a scan, copy or fax and find that the printed output has color bands or vertical lines.
HP Envy 5642 Scan Setting Support
HP Envy 5642 Setup – Scan Setting for Windows
- Go to HP folder among your list of installed programs in your system
- Click on your printer. The printer software opens
- Click on the option Scan a Document or Photo
- Choose your preferences, for eg. Color Mode, Destination, Page Size etc.
- After you are finished, click on Save settings to save your preferences
HP Envy 5642 Setup – Scan Setting for Mac
- Click on the Apple icon in the menu bar
- Go to System Preferences
- Click either Printers and Scanners, Print and Fax or Print and Scan
- Click on HP printer and choose Open Print Queue
- Click on either Printer Setup or Settings, click on Open Printer Utility
- Click on Scan to Computer.
- Click on Edit Scan Tasks
- Click Show Details. You will see a list of scan settings displayed like Presets, Scan to, Type etc.
- Click on Presets and choose Save As
- Input a name for your new preset, click on OK. Your new preset is now saved and be chosen for later use within HP Scan.
- Close the Preferences window.
HP Envy 5642 Setup – Print Photos from a SD Card
You can print without a PC with 123.hp.com/Envy 5642. Proceed as per the below instructions to find out how.
- The memory card should be inserted into the memory card slot
- Under the Home screen, tap on Photo to see the Photo menu
- Under the Photo menu, tap on View & Print to display photos
- Tap on a photo that you would like to print.
- Tap on the up or down arrow to choose the number of photos that you would like to print.
- Tap on Edit to choose options to edit the photos that have been selected. You will be able to crop, rotate a photo or turn Photo Fix off or on
- Tap on Done and check the photo by doing a preview. If you would like to adjust paper type, layout, date stamp or red eye removal, then tap on Settings and then tap your selection. You will also be able to save any new settings as default settings.
- Touch on Print to begin printing.