Hp Color Laserjet Pro m454dw Setup
The printer needs to be set up physically before you perform any printer functions, thus use the below procedure to install the printer hardware for the operations.
- Place the printer in a room where there is ample space to unbox the printer and open the printer trays freely.
- Take out the printer from the carton, then remove all the protective tapes,and the other packaging materials from the printer.
- The printer accessories are provided in the carton, take them out, and keep safe for later purposes.
Feeding paper to tray-2
- Draw out the tray-2 from the printer and then slide the paper guides to the extent of the tray.
- Now, neatly organize the paper stack and place it in the tray.
- If you are printing one-side, then keep the printing face up with the top edge towards the printer.
- If it is two-sided printing, place the paper such that the top edge is away from the printer.
- Shift the paper guides to the paper edges, so that the paper is heldin a position, but make sure not to squeeze or bend the paper.
- Feed paper only up to the maximum limit mark and then slide in the paper tray.
Connecting network cable
- If you are going to use the wireless network or USB cable connection, then skip this step.
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the router to the printer to establish the wired network connection.
USB drive connection
- This step is not compulsory for the basic setup.
- For job-storage printing, you have to plug a USB 2.0 drive, with at least 16GB storage volume, to the USB port on the rear side of the printer.
- Verify the power supply rating in the building and the printer’s voltage rating to avoid any power-related damages.
- Connect the power cable’s one end to an electrical wall socket and the other end to the printer.
- On the printer’s control panel, press the power button to turn on the printer.
- After a minute, when the wired network connection is enabled, the router assigns an IP address to the printer.
6. Basic configuration
- Press the OK button on the printer to open the home screen of the printer.
- Set the language, country, or region, IT-managed, or Self-managed profile settings in the basic configuration step.
7. Printing Configuration report
- Tap the Setup menu on the printer’s home screen and then select Reports .
- Following that, choose the Printer Configuration Report option and print the report.
- Check the report for all the settings, and for the printer with network connection, the IP address also prints on the report.
- If there are any changes in the settings, modify them on the control panel.
8. Printer firmware update and driver installation
- When the hardware setup is complete, next, you have to update the printer’s firmware, if it is needed.
- Install the printer software on your computer.
Hp Color Laserjet Pro m454dw Driver Download
- The printer driver is available on the HP official website.
- Open the browser, type the website URL, and press Enter.
- Find the printer model you are using and go to the Software and drivers section on the support page.
- Select your computer’s OS version and download the driver package on the computer.
- Open the package to start the installation.
hp color laserjet pro m454dw manual
- The manual booklets are provided during the purchase; otherwise, you can download the manual online.
- On the HP printer’s support page, navigate to the Manuals
- Choose the language of your choice from the drop-down menu.
- Click the links to download the user guides in the PDF format.
hp color laserjet pro m454dw eprint
The ePrint feature on the HP printer helps the to print when the printing task is delivered through email from your email account to the printer with an internet connection, without having to connect to the same network. Before using the ePrint facility, set up the ePrint service on the printer by using the below steps.
On printer control panel:
- Set up the printer for the printing operation.
- Power on the printer and open the home screen on the LCD by pressing the OK button.
- Press the HP ePrint icon and select the Setup
- Under Setup Web Services , read the agreement and accept it.
- Now, the printer prints the information report page. Find the printer claim code on the report.
On the web browser:
- Visit the HP official website on the web browser on your computer.
- Create an HP account and continue with the steps.
- Go to the EWS section, then open the Web Services Setup page,and enter the printer’s claim code from the report to add the printer.
- The service creates an email address for the printer.If you want to change the address, click the ‘plus’ icon beside ePrint Address under ePrint Settings .
- Edit the email address and select Submit .
- Now, go the Setup menu on the printer’s control panel and open the HP Web Services
- You can find the email address assigned to the printer.
- After that, you can set the ePrint Access and the ePrint Preferences settings on your HP account.
- When you are sending a print job via email for the printer, the printer must have an internet connection.
- Attach the document you have to print and send the email to the printer’s email address.
- When the printer tray is fed with the appropriate paper, the document starts to print on the printer.
hp color laserjet pro m454dw wireless setup
- Enable the Wi-Fi router network and connect the computer to the network.
- Write down the network SSID and the password.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the wireless connection icon to open the Wireless settings .
- Now, choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option and complete the steps.
- You need to download the printer driver online or else run the driver installation from the printer CD.
- Open the HP support website, find the printer model, and go to the support page.
- Click the Software and Drivers tab, then select the Operating System version, and download the driver package.
- Open the software installer file and start the installation.
- Read the license agreement and then accept the terms & policies.
- After that, choose the Wireless connection as the connection method and continue with the process.
- Enter the network password to set up the wireless network and complete the installation steps.
hp color laserjet pro m454dw USB
- The printer driver is required for the USB setup. If you already have the driver installed, then delete or remove the driver on the computer.
- Once again, download the software driver on the computer and start the installation.
- In the HP Easy Start window, follow the guided instructions and connect a USB cable between the printer and the computer when the system prompts.
- Finish the installation steps in the window.