123.hp.com/oj5255 is an all-in one printer with print, scan, copy and fax features. Increase the productivity of your working environment with the help of this printer. Handles more than 35-sheets of paper in the Automatic Document Feeder to print multiple page documents at a time. Print on both sides of a page using the Automatic Duplex printing option that conserves paper and time. Avail 2.2” touchscreen to navigate to other settings on the printer’s control panel. Set up the wireless network or wired network with the help of the HP Smart App to print or scan documents from social media or the cloud. Print documents ranging from flyers to business presentations from your mobile devices, laptops and desktops or from the USB port. Establish a stable or flexible connection with the help of dual band Wi-Fi and set up fast with the help of Bluetooth Smart option. Make use of the Instant Ink feature to save the ink up to 70% and receive it at your door step. Use XL ink cartridges to yield extra documents than normal. A wide range of paper size is supported by the printer ranging from letters to envelopes. Print your photos without margins with the help of the Borderless printing feature. The flexible connection options supported by the printer are Wireless, Bluetooth Smart and printing from smartphones. Conserve the power up to 50% with the help of Auto on/Off technology and it is an Energy Star certified printer.
- The 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Try to use the printer in various platforms for easy access.
- It handles more sheets of paper in the input and output tray. The input tray handles up to 100 sheets of paper and the output tray handles up to 25 sheets.
- The print speed for black is 10 pages per minute and for color is 7 pages per minutes. Scanning is done wither from scanner bed or ADF tray.
- Its compact and sleek in design saves the printer space and can be placed on a desk or shelf.
123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer First-Time Unboxing & Setting Up
- A newly purchased printer is available in a boxed package. The setup procedure is done after it is known as unboxing. It is one of the easiest methods when compared to the connection procedures. Initially, open the box by removing the tape on top of it. Locate the resource materials in it.
- The contents of the box may vary based on the country/region. The materials are a USB cable, power cable, ink cartridges, software installation CD, user manual and warranty card. If you miss out any of the materials, inform the manufacturer regarding for a new one. Take the materials out of the box and keep them aside.
- Remove the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer from the box. Discard all packing materials surrounding the printer. The packaging is very necessary to avoid damage during transportation. It is suggested to place the printer on a flat surface for its normal functioning. At the same time, keep it in a location near the wall socket for an easy connection.
- Use the power cable of the printer for an uninterrupted power supply. Plug in one end of the cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to the wall socket. Turn on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer by pressing the Power button. Set the preferences on the printer’s control panel. Tap the preferred language/region or date/time.
- Tap Yes to confirm your choice and wait till the welcome screen displays on the printer’s control panel. After that, start the next procedure. Open the ink cartridge access door. Wait till the carriage moves to the middle of the printer and is inactive. Remove the new ink cartridges from the package.
- Touch only the black plastic on the cartridge. Examine if there is a protective tape on top if it and remove it. Handle the ink cartridges carefully as it leads to clogs, ink failure and bad electrical connections. Raise the lid on the ink cartridge slot. Install the ink cartridge into its slot with the nozzles facing upwards.
- Insert the color ink cartridge on the left side and black ink cartridge on the right slot. Close the lid for secure installation. Redo the same procedure for other cartridges too. After installing, tap OK on the printer’s control panel to save the changes made and apply the settings. After that, close the ink cartridge access door.
- Insert plain papers into the input tray. Open the input tray door. Drag it towards you to extend the input tray. Move the paper width guides to its maximum .Move the stack into the tray until it stops. Adjust the paper width guides against the edges of the paper. Examine if there are no bents in the paper as it leads to paper jam issue.
- The 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer starts to print the alignment page automatically. Aligning the cartridges is necessary to obtain high-quality printouts. Tap OK to begin the alignment. Once the alignment page prints, raise the scanner lid. Keep the alignment page with the printed side down on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid.
- Tap Scan on the control panel of the Officejet 5255 printer. Wait till the printer aligns the ink cartridges. After the printer aligns the cartridges, tap OK on the control panel. The printer hardware is set up and install the printing software. Refer to the user manual for more assistance regarding the process.
123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Driver Download & Installation
123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Support – A Driver is necessary to perform the basic functionality of the printer. It is suggested to use a compatible driver. A particular printer supports various drivers such as full feature driver, basic driver and plug and play driver. To avail all latest features of the printer, installing the full feature driver is the best option. The steps to install the driver for Windows and Mac is mentioned below
HP Officejet 5255 Driver for Windows
- The initial method to use a software installation CD of the printer. Place the CD on the system’s disc drive. Enable the AutoPlay feature to display the list of setup files.
- Select the .exe file on the list. Double-click on it to begin the installation process. Follow the instructions mentioned in the system to complete the process.
- If the installation fails abruptly, download the driver from this website. Click the link below to begin the installation process. Examine if the file size is compatible with the system.
- After downloading, locate the setup file in the Downloads folder. Select and double-click on it to begin the installation process. Choose the connection type based on the printer’s features.
- Choose the Custom option to prevent the download of unwanted applications. Click the Finish option to complete the installation process.
- Try to print a test page to examine if the driver is installed properly. Check if updates are available after a period of time. Use the Windows Built-in software to update the driver automatically.
- After updating, most printer issues resolve easily and all latest features are available. If you have any issues, call our technical support team at the toll-free number.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver for Mac
- There are two methods to install the driver in the system. One method is to use the software installation CD. But Mac system may not have a system’s disc drive.
- In such cases, copy the contents in the CD to the USB drive. Insert it into the system. Wait till the list of files displays on the screen. Find the setup file in the system.
- The file format for the setup file is .dmg. Select and double-click on it to begin the installation process. Complete the instructions based on the on-screen prompts.
- If the first method fails, move to the second option. Download the driver from this website. Click the link from this website. Wait till the download process completes.
- After downloading, locate the file in the system. Choose and click on it to begin the installation process. Do not turn off the system during the process.
- Choose the connection type as Wired or Wireless based on the system’s specifications. Click the Finish option to complete it.
- Add the printer’s name to the print queue by clicking the + sign. Examine if the printer’s name displays in the queue. Try to print a test page to examine if the driver is installed properly.
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Ink Cartridge Installation
- 123.hp.com/oj5255 Support – Ink cartridge is necessary to print from the 123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer. There are various types of cartridges available. They are standard cartridges, XL cartridges , photo cartridges. Use XL cartridges to print additional printouts when compared to normal one.
- Open the ink cartridge access door. Wait till the carriage moves to the middle of the printer and is inactive. Take the cartridge out of the package. Remove the protective tape on top of it. Handle the cartridge using the black plastic only.
- Do not keep the cartridge in open air for more than 30 minutes. Examine if there is an leakage to the cartridge, printing is impossible. So handle the cartridge carefully. Improper handling of the electrical contacts causes ink system failures or clogs.
- Install the ink cartridge into its slot. Insert the black ink cartridge into the right slot and color cartridge into the left slot respectively. Examine if the cartridges are installed properly. After installing, wait till the printer prints an alignment page.
- The alignment page indicates if the cartridge is installed properly. Streaks or blur text implies that the cartridge is incompatible. So install the cartridge that is compatible and genuine with the printer model. Check the ink level from the printer’s control panel.
- Observe the ink icon on the printer’s control panel. Separate icons are displayed for black and color. If the ink level is low, replacement of the ink cartridge is necessary. The other ways to check the ink level is using the HP Smart App, HP Print and Scan Doctor tool. To get more information regarding the installation process, call our technical support team.
How to Print Documents on HP OJ5255 Printer?
The print is one of the main functions of the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer. Start the print process for a document or photo. If the printer supports duplex printing, enable it to print on both sides of the document. This feature saves paper and time. To know how to print documents on Windows and Mac, follow the steps below
Print Documents on Windows
- Print documents from a Windows system and make necessary settings to the print job. Open the Document you wish to print.
- Prior to printing, modify the document to adjust text font and size. Edit layout options to alter the appearance of the documents.
- Open the installed application in the system, press File or the menu icon. Press Print to open general print settings.
- Select the Print Properties, Properties to open more layout , quality and advanced print settings . Wait till the Document Properties displays.
- Modify the layout and paper settings for the print job. The icons and menu names vary based on the Officejet Pro 5255 printer.
- If the Document Properties screen contains a Printing Shortcut tab, choose any one of the document print job shortcuts contains settings.
- Click the Portrait option for vertical prints or Landscape option for horizontal prints . Choose it based on your requirement.
- Choose the Paper type, Paper Tray or source, Paper Size on the print settings. Click OK and press Print to start the printing process.
Print Documents on Mac
- Printing document from a Mac system is a simple task and make required changes to the print settings with the help of the printer’s control panel.
- Before printing, adjust the document settings such as text font and size. Click Layout options for making other appearance settings.
- Select File in the app you created the document and press Print. Wait till the printer settings displays . If you are unavailable to view the following menus, press Show Details.
- Choose the printer’s name from the list of available devices. Choose an option that supports the print job or paper type from the Presets menu.
- Right-click the unnamed menu in the middle of the window to select different settings types. Choose the print settings and menu names based on the printer type.
- The settings are Paper type and size, Paper tray or source, Quality and printing in color or black and white. After settings, click Apply to save all changes and click Print.
123.hp.com/oj5255 Mobile Printing Support
123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Support – Smartphones and tablets lets print the document or photos to a wireless network or web to the connected printer. HP Printer supports various HP mobile printing apps. The apps compatible with the HP Officejet 5255 printer are HP Smart app, HP ePrint app, Print Service Plugin, Voice Activated Printing and Wireless Direct. Print your documents or photos on the go using the installed apps.
HP OJ5255 Airprint Setup
- To print from the AirPrint app, examine if the printer and Apple device are connected to the same wireless network. Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button. Ensure that the printer is in a ready state. Connect the printer to a wireless network. Certain printers require the firmware update for AirPrint compatibility. Update the firmware and then follow the above steps.
- Open the document or app you intend to print. Touch the app’s share icon to locate the print option. Click Print. If you are unable to find the option, refer to the user manual available on this website. Touch the Select Printer and click the AirPrint-enabled printer to start the printing process. Select the number of copies or other options.
- Touch Print in the upper-right corner to start the printing process. While printing, view your print jobs or cancel them with the help of the print queue. If you have an issue regarding the setup process, call our technical support team at the toll-free number to fix it.
HP OJ5255 ePrint Setup
- To setup HP ePrint software for Windows operating system, examine if it is compatible with the operating system. The software is not supported by Windows phones. The operating system versions that support are Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7. Activate the Web Services option on the printer to start the printing process.
- Press the Information button on the printer to print an information sheet. This information includes all details for connecting to an HP connected account if you wish to print via the Cloud to Web-connected printers. Download the HP ePrint software from the website. Choose the operating system version. Save the file to the PC, laptop or tablet.
- To install the software, select and double-click the .exe file. Agree to terms and conditions on the screen. Change the Installation Settings. Click Install to begin the installation process. Register the HP ePrint software and connect the printer to the wireless network. After connecting, try to print from the system.
HP OJ5255 Google Cloud Print
- Google Cloud Print is a free service that lets to print documents and photos to any network connected to the printer. Additional drivers are not installed in the system. Set up the printer to the Google Ready printers from any system or mobile devices. Print from any Apple devices but try to configure the feature from a Chromebook or system.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button. Examine if the cartridges are installed in the printer. Ensure that the printer and system are connected to the same wireless network. Open the Web Browser on the system or Chromebook. Log in to your Google Account if required. Type Chrome://devices in the address bar and then select Enter.
- The feature recognizes the printers on the network. If it is a new device, select the Register option on New Devices. Try to print a confirmation page. If the printer’s name is available under My devices, view it in the list of available devices. If the name is not under the list, ensure that the printer is connected to the wireless network. After connecting, select the name and start the printing process.
HP OJ5255 Mopria Print Setup
- Printing photos, documents, webpages or emails from the Android device to the HP network-connected printer with the help of Mopria Print service Plugin is available in the Google Play Store. Examine if the printer and Android device meet the requirements mentioned. Set up the printer hardware and run the device on OS 4.0 or later versions.
- Connect the printer and system to the same wireless network. Establish the printer to a wired network with an active Internet connection. Place the printer and Android device close to the router for better signal strengths. Install or update the Mopria Print Service Plugin on your Android Device. Locate the app on the Google Play Store.
- After installing the plugin, select the method to turn on it. Go to the home screen to view the display notification board and then locate the Mopria Print service installed. Click Tap to enable Mopria Print Service Plugin notification. Select the printer’s name from the list of available devices and Click Print to start the printing process.
123HPcom.co is an independent technical support service provider for third-party products. The products, images, brands, and names of the third party providers displayed on the website are to furnish information. We do not claim any ownership, affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website.