Unboxing the HP Envy 6055 Printer:
- The 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer usually comes packaged in a sealed box. Take out the printer from its box and then keep it in a suitable place. To shift the printer from the current location to a suitable one, at least two people are required.
- Please remove all the packing material from the printer and its control panel.
- Make sure that you have the power and Ethernet cables to your printer.
- Load some amount of HP-recommended paper into the input tray of your printer.
Installing the ink cartridges on the HP Envy 6055 printer:
- First, open the access control door of the ink cartridge slowly and gently.
- Next, remove the packaging from the ink cartridge. In case there is any plastic cover, remove that too.
- Please ensure that you do not touch the nozzle.
- Now, keep the ink cartridge in the slot provided. Once you have placed the ink cartridge, you have to push it into its slot.
- After making sure that it has been placed properly, you can close the access control door.
- Important Note: You should place the color ink cartridge on the left and the black cartridge on the right.
Connecting the power cable to the 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer:
- First, remove the power cable from the box.
- Next, connect one end of the power cable to the back part of your printer. Then, plug the other end into the electrical outlet.
- Press the power button on your printer.
- Now, turn your attention to the printer control panel and start entering the general settings such as the desired language, country/region, etc. When you have finished entering all your settings, click on Yes.
- If necessary, enter the date and time as well.
Loading paper into the HP Envy 6055 printer and making it ready to print:
- Please pull out the input tray from your printer.
- Now, place some unused papers on the input tray.
- Gently move the width guides to the ends. For successful printing, correct alignment of the paper and width guides is essential.
- Please refrain from using wrinkled or damaged paper on your printer. This is required if you wish to avoid any paper jams.
You have now successfully finished the hardware setup of your HP Envy 6055 printer.
HP Envy 6055 Driver Download
To download the driver for your 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer, follow the steps given here:
- On your computer, navigate to the official site of your HP Envy 6055 printer.
- Click the Software and Drivers tab.
- Under the title, Identify your printer, enter your product name (here, you need to enter your printer name with the model number). That is, you should enter “HP Envy 6055 All-In-One printer” (without the quotes).
- On the Software and drivers page, you will find the following headings:
- All drivers
- Driver-Product Installation Software
- Utility-Diagnostic Tools
- Find the HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software link under Driver-Product Installation Software. You will also find the green Recommended sign above this option.
- Now, click the blue Download button provided opposite to this option.
- You can now continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish downloading the driver for your HP Envy 6055 printer.
You have now successfully downloaded the appropriate driver for your HP Envy 6055 printer.
HP Envy 6055 Driver Install
You can install the HP Envy 6055 driver on your computer using two different methods:
Method 1-Using CD:
- You can make use of the CD that comes along with your HP Envy 6055 printer.
- Please take the CD and insert it into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Now, you can continue with the rest of the on-screen instructions to finish the driver installation.
Method 2-Without Using CD:
You can follow this method if a CD does not accompany your printer at the time of purchase, or if you have lost your CD, or your computer does not contain a CD/DVD drive.
- Open a browser on your computer and launch the official site of your HP Envy 6055 printer.
- Now, download the appropriate driver for your printer.
- On your computer, go to the downloaded driver file and double-click on it to open it.
- Please carry out the on-screen installation instructions to finish installing the driver for your 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer.
Important Note: Please make sure that you download the correct driver for your printer. This task is essential for your printer to function properly.
HP Envy 6055 Wireless Setup
For the wireless setup of your HP Envy 6055 printer (Windows OS), please make use of the instructions given below:
- First, you have to know your network password. The WEP/WAP security key will be useful later on.
- Please ensure that the computer you are using is compatible to be connected to your wireless network.
- You also need to have a broadband connection.
- Now, turn on your computer and your router for the wireless connection.
- Confirm that your 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer is turned on.
- Please turn your attention to the printer control panel and locate the Wireless icon. Next, click this icon.
- Now, go to the Wireless Settings menu, choose the Wireless Setup Wizard, and then run it.
- When you see the list of networks on the screen, please select your network SSID.
- In case your network is not listed, you have to add it manually.
- You just have to continue with the instructions on the screen to finish connecting your printer to your wireless network.
HP Envy 6055 USB Setup
Let us see how to set up your HP Envy 6055 printer on a Windows computer for a USB cable connection. You have to install the full feature HP driver to get the maximum functionality out of your USB connected printer. Please check the following requirements before proceeding with the setup:
- Please make sure that your HP Envy printer is turned on and is kept in a ready state.
- Get hold of a USB cable whose length is less than 3 m.
- Your computer must have a USB port.
- In case you have connected your USB cable to your computer before the installation of the HP driver, you will have to remove the printer from the installed devices.
Now, to install the driver and then set up the USB connection, carry out the following instructions:
- Navigate to the official website and then download the appropriate driver for your printer model.
- Based on your printer model, the HP Easy Start might get downloaded. HP Easy Start is the guided driver installation app.
Now, by considering the following two scenarios, you need to act accordingly:
In case a driver or HP Easy Start gets downloaded:
You simply have to follow the on-screen instructions to open your downloaded file to begin the USB setup.
When you see a prompt to select a connection type, you have to choose USB.
You can now start printing, scanning, or faxing, according to your 123.hp.com/envy6055 printer functionality.
In case the download of the HP Easy Start fails:
You have to go to the HP Customer Support site and then download the printer driver after entering your printer model number.